Abu Dhabi Taxi rates increased
From may 1, 2013 Abu Dhabi taxi rates will be increased and maybe more costly as more as 20%.
With the tariff revision, the charge will increase by 27 fils per kilometre during the day and 36 fils per kilometre during the night.
The flag fall rate will increase by 50 fils during the day and 40 fils during the night. For taxi journeys exceeding 50km, the charge will increase by 19 fils per kilometre during day and night.
This means the from now Abu Dhabi Taxi rates will be:
- A daytime trip that used to cost Dh1.60 per kilometre will now cost Dh1.87 per kilometre. The flag fall rate, which used to be Dh3.50, will now be Dh4.
- A nightitime trip that used to cost Dh1.69 per kilometer will now cost Dh2.05 per kilometre. The flag fall rate, which used to be Dh4, will now be 4.40.
- A trip exceeding 50km that used to cost Dh1.69 per kilometre will now be Dh1.88 per kilometre. The flag rate depends on the time of the trip.
Night-time taxi rides will see the largest difference in price. Considering a taxi ride of 20km, this used to add up to Dh37.80, now the customer will pay Dh45.40 for the same ride.
A similar ride during the day used to cost Dh35.50, and will now add up to Dh41.40.
In addition, a minimum fare of Dh10 has been introduced, which will be applied only during the night between 22:00 PM to 06:00 AM. “The minimum night tariff shall boost the taxi availability during night hours,” explained TransAD.
The tariff change is in pace with the financial studies and analysis conducted by TransAD during the year 2011. “The Centre paid special attention in changing trends in the demand for taxis, customer safety and service enhancements, drivers working hours and wages and financial stability of the service provided,” it said.
To encourage commuters to book taxis through the call centre, the booking fee has been reduced from Dh5 to Dh3 during the day, and Dh5 to Dh4 during the night.
Links of Traffic fines enquiry / inquiry
If you want to check you traffic fines or enquier about them the below are the following links.
Please check any of the following link. Remember some times Abu Dhabi Traffic fines does not show in dubai police website the traffic fines enquiry will help you.
Abu Dhabi Police
dubai traffic and Salik fines enquiry.
Public holidays in UAE.
List of public holidays in UAE are :-
- 1st January 2013 – New Year’s Day
- 24th January 2013 – Prophet Mohammed’s Birthday (PBUH)
- 6th June 2013 – Israa & Miaraj Night
- 8th August 2013 – Eid Al Fitr
- 14th October 2013 – Arafat Day
- 15th October 2013 – Eid Al Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice)
- 4th November 2013 – Hijri New Year’s Day
- 2nd – 3rd December 2013 – UAE National Day
*Islamic holiday exact dates are subject to moon sighting and may differ from date given.
Yas waterworld opening date
It is officially announced that the yas waterworld opening date will be January 24th 2013. I am really happy because it is a big thing coming to Abu Dhabi. Yas waterworld opening date has been conformed.